Here are a few recipes if you’d like to make some
coconut oil toothpaste yourself
We created CocoBright to solve the following problems associated with DIY recipes. We want to make you aware of these problems if you choose to make your own coconut oil toothpaste:
1. Coconut Oil is notorious for clogging drains. Cocobright will not clog drains, but if you make your own coconut oil toothpaste, be sure to spit it in the garbage and not the sink.
2. You will likely need to put your coconut oil toothpaste in a small jar because it will be hard if it’s under 76 degrees F, and it will be liquid if it’s over 76 degrees F. This is not sanitary for more than one user because you have to dip your toothbrush into the jar. You’ll want to have a separate jar for each person.
3. We use non-GMO, organic and aluminum-free ingredients. We encourage you to do the same. It may cost more, but your health is worth it.
DIY Coconut Oil Toothpaste Recipe
- About 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 small packets of stevia powder
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops myrrh extract (optional)\
- Melt or slightly soften coconut oil.
- Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
- Put mixture into small glass jar (I make different ones for each family member)
- Let cool completely.
- To use: dip toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles. Could also use a small spoon to put on toothbrush.
Homemade Toothpaste with Coconut Oil
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil (whatever you prefer— I’ve used eucalyptus and grapefruit)
- 1 tsp stevia (or more if you like it sweeter)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I used my SmartStick to whip it really well and give it a light creamy texture.
- Pour into a mason jar and seal it up until ready to use.
Homemade Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 10 drops of Peppermint oil (optional)
- Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a small container, until it forms a paste like consistency
- Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix (*peppermint is optional)